Duncan Large - Consulting Geologist
Duncan Large is a European-based, independent consulting geologist with over 30 years of experience in the mineral exploration and mining industry. He is a graduate in geology of the University of Oxford (B.Sc.), Imperial College, London (M.Sc.) and the Technical University of Braunschweig (Ph.D.), and is registered as a Chartered Engineer by the Engineering Council (UK) and as a European Geologist (Eur. Geol.) by the European Federation of Geologists.
Prior to becoming a consultant in 1981, Duncan spent 5 years with the Rio Tinto group (mostly in Indonesia and Europe) and 4 years as a Research Scientist working at the TU Braunschweig on projects funded by German Federal Institute of Geosciences.
Previous and present clients include mining and exploration companies, engineering consulting groups as well as government and international agencies. Assignments have included:
- management of mineral exploration programmes in Europe,
- technical advice for mineral exploration programmes in Europe, Africa and SE Asia,
- preparing qualifying reports for company listings on the LSE and TSX exchanges,
- participating in due diligence on feasibility studies for new mine development,
- minerals consultant to the Department of Trade and Industry (UK), and
- Chief Geologist in the UNMIK administration, Kosovo.
Duncan was the Project Coordinator of EC-funded Projects on the design, development and testing of advanced magneto-telluric geophysical technologies in Europe. He has published numerous scientific papers, has served on the Editorial Board of Economic Geology and on the Council of the Society of Economic Geologists, USA, and has been invited to make presentations on a variety of topics at conferences and workshops. His research interests include stratabound and stratiform base metal mineralization, metallogeny of Europe, and sustainable mineral development in transition economies.
Further information can be found in Duncan's CV.